Monday, August 3, 2009

plums on orange


I have been a pastel painter for the last 6 years and am new to oils. I'm really enjoying mixing paint, but I find myself having to touch the painting at some point. If the high lights are too strong, like they started out on this one, I just go on auto pilot and smudge them with my little finger like I would with pastels. Then I absent mindedly wipe my finger on myself. I find myself decorated at the end of a painting session.

This one was fun and easy. It's amazing to me how one will flow and another one is such a struggle. Kind of like life.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice, Jan. The blue highlights on the plums look exactly how plums really look. You really captured it!

    ReplyDelete

Positive reinforcements, questions and philosophical musings welcome!