Thursday, March 17, 2011

white paper with under wash challenge


This is Uart paper 600 grit with an under wash of warm colors.

The shadow forms from the large trees bugs me. I would do some things differently, but had to stop before my head exploded.

This is very different from how I paint, so it was indeed a challenge.

One of the things I enjoyed about this workshop and challenge was to watch accomplished landscape artists in our group stretch too, and have a hard time getting a good painting out of a workshop exercise.

I always think I am the only one who can't paint a good painting all the time. It encouraged me to do more exercises.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Jan. No one can paint good paintings all the time. These both are great. We do need more challenges and exercises. A good workshop.

    ReplyDelete

Positive reinforcements, questions and philosophical musings welcome!