Friday, February 11, 2011

Songs of Sorrows


This is my current painting. I am trying to express my feelings of the last year and in particular the last 3 months of depression. My intention is to paint relevant images of experience instead of decorative work. Most of my work does have personal reference, but I would like to push this alittle more.

This is my dog, Queenie, who used to wail with my other Corgi, Duncan when the sirens hit a certain pitch. I am also a wailer when my heart is struck with a certain pitch of emotion.

Painting her at night was an interesting challenge because the colors are all very effected by the cold colors of reflected light.

This picture doesn't accurately show the blues that are in the painting. Queenie's white fur is quite blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive reinforcements, questions and philosophical musings welcome!